How To Restore Your Energy & No, Caffeine Isn’t The Answer!
Are You Constantly Tired?
Or have those days where 5 cups of coffee just isn’t doing justice?
I can pretty much say, unless you are a super women, we all have days like this.
We are human and sometimes life really tires us out.
However, it’s not okay when you are constantly tired.
This is your body SCREAMING to be restored, revitalized, and renewed.
Coming from queen of “too busy, what’s sleep” motive for years, I can preach by telling you…
You are ultimately DESTROYING your precious and loving body. by doing so.
3 Ways To Restore, Revitalize, & Renew Your Energy
You would think that this would go without saying, but most American’s forget how incredible important sleep is for your body, mind, and soul.
Most women need: 8-10 hours of sleep daily.
Most men need: 7-9 hours of sleep daily
Sorry ladies, our hormones need a little extra care.<3
It bothers me when I see articles online where people are boasting about how they only became successful because they chose to sleep maybe 3 hours a night. Honestly, those people are the ones with higher death rates, poor immune systems, and numerous health problems later in life. I promise you, you can be extremely successful and get 10 hours of sleep a night and even take a nap during your day.
Health Benefits of Accurate Amounts of Sleep:
- Mental Clarity/ Improved Memory
- Improved Immune System/ ability to fight off inflammation & infections.
- Ability to repair your heart & blood vessels.
- Live longer.
- Improved grades in school. (yes, even you college kids!)
- Stable weight.
- Decreased stress levels.
- Decreased levels of depression.
If that doesn’t convince you, then I’m not sure what will!
Your health should be a priority.<3
I know what some of you might be thinking right about now…okay… okay.. this one was a no brainier, now tell me something I don’t know 😉
Well, if you aren’t getting enough sleep, the other tips and tricks won’t be doing you much justice, sorry!
According to my reiki therapist Lisa Toney, this should be done as soon as you wake up (before you even get out of bed) and again anytime you feel your energy needs to be restored!
Don’t know what Reiki is? In my blog post: 3 Unheard Of Ways To Heal Your Life, I describe it’s remarkable healing benefits and what it’s all about! Click Here to read 🙂
What To Do:
- Close your eyes in a quiet place (if possible).
- Begin to open your crown chakra (crown of your head, spiritual connection to your Higher Power).
- Start to imagine a white golden light (from the Universe, Higher Power, God, or Source Energy).
- Breathe in, slowly.
- As you breathe in, visualize your Higher Power pouring in the white golden light starting from the crown of your head.
- Allow it the white golden light to fill you up like water does a balloon.
- Slowly breathe in an imagine the white golden energetic light fill your head, then your neck, then your shoulders and arms, then your heart chakra, then your solar plexus area (stomach), then your scaral charka, and finally your root chakra.
- Once you feel energetically filled with the white golden light, exhale slowly.
- As you exhale slowly, imagine the white light come out the bottom of your feet and surround you like a big shield (aka AURA)!
- You can do this as many times as you need to! I absolutely love this trick and really helps me not only energetically, but also makes me feel more relaxed and centered!:)
3. Breath of Fire / “Kapalabhati”
Promise no real fire will be used 😉
I have learned this amazing trick from my Kundalini Yoga instructor Diane Pilatovsky.
Never heard of Kundalini Yoga? No worries, I also explain what Kundalini is & it’s amazing healing benefit in my blog 3 Unheard of Ways To Heal Your Life. Click Here to read. 🙂
Breathe of Fire is so powerful that in my eyes it works like coffee, or even better 😉
If you do it at night time, you will not be able to go to bed!
What To Do:
I just adore Adriene!!
You can do different mudras (hand symbols) with this practice as well!
I personally needed a little boost to do this post and just did the breath of fire and feel so much more energized! 🙂
Please get enough sleep for your precious body to restore! If you didn’t get enough one night, that’s A OK! No worries. Maybe just take a nap during your day 🙂
I really hope these help you, like they help myself, and maybe even help you reduce your coffee intake for the day 😉
Side Note: Exercise can also help you restore your energy by giving you an extra boost of endorphin’s! Also,you may just be depleted of water! So drink a glass before considering these rituals to restore your energy!
Comment below and let me know if they worked or any questions <3
Take Care.Be The Light.
Latest posts by Rachel (see all)
- 10 Things To Stop Doing In Order To Love Your Body - February 20, 2018
- 30 Day Journal Prompts For Self-Discovery - February 11, 2018
- 7 Inspiring TED Talks That Will Change Your Life - February 6, 2018
- Design Your Dream Meditation Room – A Great Guide for Beginners - January 26, 2018
- Top 5 Must-Have Essential Oils For Every House or Beginners - January 18, 2018